Nokia N80: Nokia N80 is one of the first cell phones that were introduced to initiate N series. Based on the 60 Series, the cell phone gained the attention of potential buyers soon enough to ensure the n series market value.
Nokia N80, a slider phone and obviously a robust one, since it is run through symbian. The quad band good looking cell phone is available in black charcoal color as well as stainless steal. N80 outer physical dimensions are 3.7 by 1.9 by 1.0 inches. And with weight a little over 4.7 ounces, the cell is very much compact but thick in a tight pants pocket.
The N80 slider has a screen quality best as ever. The 2.2 inch screen has a resolution of 325x416 and can display 256k colors. Like all slide phones, Nokia N80 has a centered 5 way navigation keys surrounded by right and left soft keys, menu button, clear button, talk and end buttons etc. The sliding functionality is smooth enough to be opened with least one hand force.
The cell phone has a VGA camera at the top for video conferencing functionalities and talking self snaps, at the front on the upper right side. At the back it has a massive 3.0 mega pixel camera with flash. 20x zoom feature is enough for specifying, how good the cell phone is at pictures.
N80 has an expansion slot for micro SD card. The cell phone supports wi fi and Bluetooth network. N80 audio capability is good enough to enjoy playing casual mp3s on the way.
Summing it up, Nokia N80 is a real gem as far as hardware capabilities are concerned. There were reports of software crashing though, but Nokia is good in updating firm wares frequently whenever it is necessary. Anyway, spending $700 for a cell phone is a bit harsh, but for Nokia N80, it worth every penny.
Nokia N80 phone specifications:
- Band / Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 WCDMA (UMTS)
- Dimensions: 95 mm x 50 mm x 26 mm - 3.7 in x 2 in x 0.90 in
- Weight: 134 g - 4.7 oz
- Display Type: TFT, 262,144 colours, 352 x 416 pixels, 35 x 41 mm
- Digital Camera: 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, video(CIF), 20x Digital Zoom, flash; secondary VGA videocall camera
- Memory: 40Mb internal memory, miniSD (support up to 2GB), hot swap, 128 MB card included
- Ringtones: Polyphonic, monophonic, True Tones, MP3
- Data: GPRS(Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps), EDGE(Class 11, 236.8 kbps), 3G( 384 kbps ), Wi-Fi 802.11g, Bluetooth v1.2, Infrared port, USB 2.0
- Standby time: Up to 192 hours, talk time up to 3 hours
- Battery: Lithium ion 820 mAh (BL-5B)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging, Voice Mail, SMS Chat, XHTML Browser, Nokia Smart Messaging, WAP 2.0
- Other: UPnP technology, Java MIDP 2.0, Stereo FM Radio, Built-in handsfree, Media Player (MP3, AAC, eAAC+, WMA)