Nokia N90: With huge success of Nokia 60 series, N90 adds new taste in Nokia's grooming market.
Mainly based on series 60, Nokia N90 works with tri band and WCDMA network. The 173gram N90 is big, heavy duty, reliable cell phone like all other Nokia smart phones. However handles fit in palm with dimensions 112 x 51 x 24 mm. The phone has two screens, and folded. Twisting could be done as well.
Nokia N90 comes with 2.0 MP Carl Zeiss lens on its top for snap freaks. The cell phone can zoom up to massive 8X. Camera quality is standard in itself. capture button is dedicated to snap or start recording the video. The external display is 128x128 and can display 65k colors. The original N90 screen display resolution is 353x416 pixels and can differentiate between 256k colors. The cam automatically adjusts its settings when taking a snap of an object far away or very close. And the picture quality is always jaw dropping. Recording, videos, zooming and saving as MP4 is never difficult in Nokia N90.
N90 runs Symbian Operating System, so software is not an issue to be reviewed again and again and alerting customers of any instability.
Sound quality is equally fit and fine. The stereo speaker at the back or the headphone connected in the lower portion works fine. So an average iPOD is also around the corner.
The huge Nokia N90 can be synchronized with PC via Bluetooth or Nokia PC suite for which the necessary cables and software is provided with the package.
Battery of Nokia N90 is not that great. Its just above average with talk time and standby time very less than the Nokia specified.
There are cons of Nokia N90 also, shorter battery time as mentioned and high price makes N90 great picture a bit dim. Buying N90 is great. But with $900 in pocket, one can look into other cell phone brands such as Sony Ericsson.
Nokia N90 phone specifications:
- Band / Network: WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 900/ GSM1800/ GSM1900
- Release Date: 2Q, 2005
- Dimensions: 112mm x 51mm x 24 mm - 2 in x 0.9 in x 4.4 in
- Weight: 173 g - 6.1 oz
- Display Type: TFT, 256K colors, 352 x 416 pixels, 35 x 41 mm
- External Display: TFT, 65K colors display, 128 x 128 pixels
- Ringtones: Polyphonic (64 channels), Monophonic, MP3, True Tones
- Memory: 64 MB Flash memory installed, RS-DV-MMC, 31 MB shared memory for applications, SMS, MMS, ringtones
- Data: Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps (Gprs), Bluetooth v1.2
- Standby time: Up to 288 hours
- Camera: 2 MP, 640 x 480, 800 x 600, 1600 x 1200 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, video, flash, 20x Digital zoom