Sony Ericsson K800i
Sony Ericsson K800i: Sony Ericsson started the K series about 5 years ago with introduction of K300i which dominated the market with feature of "unlimited video recording". The series continues to attract cell phone freaks as Sony Ericsson merger extending the series with cell phones like K800i.
800i comes in grey black combination and looks like a James Bond's high technology cell phone. In fact it really is a high tech cell phone with size measure of 4.1 by 1.9 by 0.9 inches and a weight a little above 4 ounces. The black candy bar cell phone feels good while holding on.
The left spine of K800i holds a place for music player key and additional memory slot. The right spine contains volume control button and a shutter for the cell phone camera. On the front side we have conventional keypad which surrounds 5 way navigational key.
The screen of Sony Ericsson's K800i is simply awesome. The diagonally measured 2inch screen shows more than 262K colors at resolution of 240x320 pixels.
The cell phone's most dominated feature lies on the back. The high quality 3.2 mega pixel camera is simply amazing. The cam not only record video at resolution of 176x144, but also contains certain features that are included in the Sony's digital camera series of Cybershot. The cell phone has a flash of its own, so taking snaps in the dark is no more a problem.
The sound quality seems perfect for a cell phone. K800i music player has advance features for organizing audio tracks. Moreover, FM reception is also good to listen to the radio.
K800i lacks internal memory, i-e only 64mb. However a memory slot for a mini SD card compensates this drawback. The cell phone supports Blue tooth as well as a USB connection. The Tri band K800i has a talk time of more than 7 hours and a standby time of 15 days which clearly states that the cell phone is running on a very high quality battery.
Summing it up, K800i is a great cell phone to buy for a price ranging between $450 and $500.
Sony Ericsson K800i phone specifications:
- Band / Network: GSM 900 - GSM 1800 - GSM 1900 WCDMA (UMTS)
- Dimensions: 105 mm x 47 mm x 22 mm- 4.1 in x 1.9 in x 0.9 in
- Weight: 115 g - 4.1 oz
- Display Type: LCD display TFT, 262,144 colours, 240 x 320 pixels, 30 x 40 mm
- Digital Camera: 3.15 megapixels, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus, video(QCIF), xenon flash, secondary video call VGA camera
- Memory: 1000 x 20 fields phone book, 30 received, 30 dialed and 30 missed calls, 64 MB internal memory, M2 MemoryStick Micro
- Ringtones: Polyphonic-72 channels, MP3
- Data: GPRS (Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 - 48 kbps), HSCSD, 3G 384 kbps, Bluetooth v2.0, Infrared port, USB 2.0
- Standby time: Up to 350 hours, talk time up to 7 hours
- Battery: Lithium Polymer 900 mAh (BST-33)
- Messaging: SMS, MMS, Email, Instant Messaging, Mobile Email, Internet Browser, Voice Mail
- Other: Java MIDP 2.0, RDS FM radio, Auto red-eye reduction, MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAc+ player, Picture editor, Picture blogging